These annual field courses are designed to train all AIM data collectors in the terrestrial Core Methods used to gather data in the field. Trainings include protocol instruction, supervised practice, and calibration. They also provide an opportunity to practice with an electronic data capture device (e.g., DIMA). Training dates and locations are as follows:
- Barstow, California from 03/10/2020 to 03/13/2020
- Cedar City, Utah from 04/14/2020 to 04/17/2020
- Prineville, Oregon from 04/21/2020 to 04/24/2020
- Twin Falls, Idaho from 04/20/2020 to 04/23/2020
- Reno, Nevada from 4/27/2020 to 04/30/2020
- Billings, Montana from 05/12/2020 to 05/15/2020
- Lander, Wyoming 05/18/2020 to 05/21/2020
- Grand Junction, Colorado from 05/19/2020 to 05/22/2020
- Las Cruces, New Mexico from 07/20/2020 to 07/23/2020
We recommend that the entire field crew attends a field methods course at the start of each field season. For integration into TerrADat, the minimum requirement is that the crew lead has attended an AIM training in the last three years.
If you have completed a training, please be sure to look over the post-training resources.
Register for Terrestrial training individually on DOI Talent:
Trainees with DOI credentials can go to: https://doitalent.ibc.doi.gov/ and will automatically be logged in. The training location, the term ‘AIM’ and the course number 1730-38 are needed to find the trainings on DOI Talent.
Trainees without DOI credentials:
- There are 3 sections to the form; “Username and Password”, “More Details” and “Other Fields”; you MUST complete ALL THREE sections and enter data into EVERY field. See specific instructions for several fields below, other fields are self-explanatory.
- ‘Username‘ field: insert the email address where you wish to receive system notifications. This will be your DOI Talent username. Please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct in both the username and email address fields.
- The “Comments” field: indicate the specific COURSE NAME and whether or not you’ve attended training with us before or have been affiliated with DOI in the past.
- The “Bureau” field: select the BUREAU that is offering the course you wish to attend.
- The “Affiliation” field : select the option that most closely matches your situation
Lotic core methods training is six days long and will cover field methods outline in the lotic monitoring protocol and supplemental aquatic monitoring protocol . Technicians are required to attend all six days of training, while project leads only need attend the first 3.5 days. Training is mandatory for technicians and optional (but strongly encouraged) for project leads. If you do not have an AIM crew, but want to collect data using AIM methods and have it stored in AquADat you must attend the Core Methods training and follow AIM data management practices.
Dates and locations for 2020:
- Cedar City, Utah April 20th
- Montrose/Delta, Colorado June 1st
- Anchorage, Alaska June 8th
- Baker, Oregon June 8th
Register for Lotic Field Methods Training: Please complete this Registration Form. For questions or contact Nicole Cappuccio (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the BLM National Operations Center.