Barstow, California from 03/10/2020 to 03/13/2020 Cedar City, Utah from 04/14/2020 to 04/17/2020 Prineville, Oregon from 04/21/2020 to 04/24/2020 Twin Falls, Idaho from 04/20/2020 to 04/23/2020 Reno, Nevada from 4/27/2020 to 04/30/2020 Billings, Montana from 05/12/2020 to 05/15/2020 Lander, Wyoming 05/18/2020 to 05/21/2020 Grand Junction, Colorado from 05/19/2020 to 05/22/2020 Las Cruces, New Mexico from 07/20/2020 to 07/23/2020
These annual field courses are designed to train all AIM data collectors in the terrestrial Core Methods used to gather data in the field. Trainings include protocol instruction, supervised practice, and calibration. They also provide an opportunity to practice with an electronic data capture device (e.g., DIMA). Training dates and locations are as follows:
Due to the Covid-19 situation all April and May Terrestrial Core Methods Training are canceled. The National AIM Team is working with state leadership to offer dispersed training options for the 2020 field season. Please review the AIM Terrestrial Dispersed Training Document for more details.
We recommend that the entire field crew attends a field methods course at the start of each field season. For integration into TerrADat, the minimum requirement is that the crew lead has attended an AIM training in the last three years.
If you have completed a training, please be sure to look over the post-training resources.
Terrestrial Core Methods Training Presentation Videos:
Link to Pre-Coursework materials:
Register for Terrestrial training individually on DOI Talent:
Trainees with DOI credentials can go to: https://doitalent.ibc.doi.gov/ and will automatically be logged in. The training location, the term ‘AIM’ and the course number 1730-38 are needed to find the trainings on DOI Talent.
Trainees without DOI credentials:IMPORTANT: You MUST enter in the course and class you want to attend (see below). You can find the instructions and the request form here: https://www.doi.gov/doitalent/nondoi_learnersPlease allow 7-10 days for account request approvals, use a personal email address and a phone number you can be reached at.Here are the basic instructions:
- There are 3 sections to the form; “Username and Password”, “More Details” and “Other Fields”; you MUST complete ALL THREE sections and enter data into EVERY field. See specific instructions for several fields below, other fields are self-explanatory.
- ‘Username‘ field: insert the email address where you wish to receive system notifications. This will be your DOI Talent username. Please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct in both the username and email address fields.
- The “Comments” field: indicate the specific COURSE NAME and whether or not you’ve attended training with us before or have been affiliated with DOI in the past.
- The “Bureau” field: select the BUREAU that is offering the course you wish to attend.
- The “Affiliation” field : select the option that most closely matches your situation