Remember that quality control is conducted after field data collection. For correct quality assurance procedures (which are conducted throughout the entire monitoring process), please visit the Quality Assurance page for an overview and the Monitoring Manual for Grassland, Shrubland, and Savanna Ecosystems Vol. I Quality Assurance and Quality Control section for in depth information.
For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the AIM_DataManagmentProtocol_V4.1 At the end of each field season, there are several documents (see list below) that will need to be completed and sent to Sarah Burnett at the National Operations Center.
Required Data to be sent to NOC at end of field season:
- A completed project DIMA (use latest approved version)
- Calibration data (maintained in separate DIMA database)
- Plot Tracking Excel TEMPLATE (February 2019)— also see new instructions for Populating a Plot Tracking Excel. An overview of how to review and reject plots can be found here.
- All plot photos (see naming convention in Terrestrial AIM Data Management Protocol)
- End of field season Implementation Summary Template (2019) (see Project Evaluation for more information)
Helpful Documents and Links