These annual field courses are designed to train all AIM data collectors in the terrestrial Core Methods used to gather data in the field. Trainings include protocol instruction, supervised practice, and calibration. They also provide an opportunity to practice with an electronic data capture device (e.g., DIMA). If you have completed a training please be sure to look over the post-training resources after you complete the regional Core Methods trainings. Registration for the 2019 field season not yet available. Training dates and locations are as follows:
- Barstow, California from 03/5/2019 to 03/8/2019*
- Boise, Idaho from 04/15/2019 to 04/18/2019
- Pocatello, Idaho from 04/22/2019 to 4/25/2019
- Prineville, Oregon from 04/23/2019 to 04/26/2019
- Cedar City, Utah from 04/30/2019 to 05/03/2019
- Reno, Nevada from 4/29/2019 to 05/02/2019*
- Billings, Montana from 05/07/2019 to 05/10/2019
- Lander, Wyoming 05/13/2019 to 05/16/2019
- Grand Junction, Colorado from 05/14/2019 to 05/17/2019
- Las Cruces, New Mexico from 07/22/2019 to 07/25/2019
*Note new dates as of 11/19/18.
We recommend that the entire field crew attends a field methods course at the start of each field season. For integration into TerrADat, the minimum requirement is that the crew lead has attended an AIM training in the last three years.
Aquatic Core Methods training is six days long. Technicians are required to attend all six days of training, while project leads only need attend the first 3.5 days. Training is mandatory for technicians and optional (but strongly encouraged) for project leads. If you do not have an AIM crew, but want to collect data using AIM methods and have it stored in AquADat you must attend the Core Methods training and follow AIM data management practices.
Dates and locations for 2019 training:
- Grand Junction, Colorado, 5/6-5/11
- Logan, Utah, 6/5-6/10
- Alaska (Anchorage or Fairbanks, TBD by April), 6/5-6/10
To register for any Aquatic Core Methods training please fill out this registration form. For more information, please contact Nicole Cappuccio (email@example.com) at the BLM National Operations Center.